How To Hang Witches Hats From Porch
Hanging witch hats from your porch ceiling is a great way to add a magical whimsey to your Halloween porch decor. They’re very affordable and super easy to install. My son and I can show you how in just a few simple steps.
The first thing you’ll need is a package of witch hats. I got my 8-pack from Amazon and you can even find them discounted if you wait a little closer to the holiday or shop after Halloween and save even more for next year’s decor.
I ordered THIS PACK on October 28th and they arrived on October 30th, just in time for me to hang them for trick-or-treaters. Since it’s so late in the season, I save 40% off and got all 8 for only $5.99 on Prime. The price may have changed since I wrote this blog post but be sure to keep checking to see if they get discounted again.
Next up, you’ll need a few extra supplies. I use fishing line to hang my hats and command strips to hang them from the ceiling. You’ll also need some rubbing alcohol and cotton balls to clean the area you’re going to stick the command hooks from. You’re also going to need a needle to string your fishing line though the hat.
To hang your witch hats from porch you’ll need to:
- Thread the fishing line on the needle and knot the end. I double over my fishing line to have added weight to hold the witch hat down. They are super light and move easily in the wind.
- Thread it through the top of the hat and cut the needle off the end.
- Measure how long you want your witch hat to hang, then knot and cut off the extra line.
- Clean off the ceiling with rubbing alcohol where you’re going to attach the command hook and let dry.
- Attach adhesive to back of hook and let sit for 4-5 minutes to secure the bond.
- Hang command hook and then hang witch hat.
- Loop fishing line around hook multiple times to ensure the wind won’t blow them down.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and if you hang witch hats from your porch next year, be sure to tag me in your posts!
Looking for more Halloween inspiration? READ THESE POSTS: