Foodie Friday: Dutch Oven Roast. Try this delicious dutch oven roast recipe next time you’re ready for a quick and easy, hearty meal.
Be sure to save this recipe (or save a photo as a pin on Pinterest) as this is, by far, the best roast recipe I’ve ever tried. Roast has never been a favorite recipe of mine and I never love when my hubby requests it. It’s never flavorful enough and just never sounds good to me.
I stumbled upon THIS RECIPE from Mia’s Kitchen on TikTok and it looked so amazing that I had to try it. I cooked it in my large 7-quart enameled cast iron dutch oven so I had to adjust a few of her measurements to accommodate my large pot.Jump to Recipe
Even if you aren’t much of a cook, like me, this recipe gave me no issues and was very easy to follow. I love to find recipes on TikTok because you can see the entire process and whether it’s something I feel I can repeat.
My kitchen smelled so amazing as this was cooking. My kids were really excited to eat when they got home from school.
I’ll leave you now to scroll through the photos and see the recipe at the bottom. I won’t bore you with a bunch of useless text, like most food blogs. HA!
JUMP TO THE RECIPE HERE – Jump to Recipe
Dutch Oven Roast
- 4 Lbs Boneless Chuck Roast
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- 2 Whole Yellow Onions
- 6 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Carton Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Bag Carrots
- 1 Bag Yellow Potatoes (small)
- Heat up Dutch Oven on Stovetop
- Add Olive Oil
- Dry off boneless chuck roast on both sides
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, and garlic powder and rub all over the meat
- Add to hot dutch oven and cook on medium-high
- Brown both sides of the roast for 5 minutes and then remove it from the pan
- Brown chopped-up onions in dutch oven for 3 minutes on medium heat
- Add in minced garlic and stir for 1 minute
- Add in beef broth
- Add 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- Add 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- Add rosemary and thyme to taste and give it a good stir
- Simmer to low boil and add the roast back in
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours
- Remove from oven and add in carrots and chopped potatoes. Stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional 1 1/2 hours